Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 10 ~The Transtheoretical Model

I had used one Health Psychology theory to explain my changing behavior:

The Transtheoretical Model: (Total have 5 stages)

Definition
attempts to explain and predict adherence behavior

Stage 1 - Precontemplation
Characteristics: no intention to altering my bad habits.
Explanation: I had no ideas about my bad habits and the topic to conduct in this blog. Although i had constipation, i did not have any awareness.

Stage 2 - Contemplation
Characteristics: aware about the problem, has thought to change but no action
Explanation: In this stage, I was aware about my problem and did research about the Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) after our lecturer, Mr. James mentioned in class. I decided to solve this problem.

Stage 3 - Preparation
Characteristics: has though and action to do that (in prepared)
Explanation: I thought to solve this problem with mission: EAT FIVE DIFFERENT COLOURS OF FRUITS + DRINK 2.5 L WATER PER DAY. I also did some preparation like told my mother to help me buy some fruits from night market and prepared water bottle to bring to campus.

Stage 4 - Action
Characteristics: have overt action in behavior
Explanation: I took a lot of action to achieve my target every week and day. I ate some fruits like bananas, pamelo, watermelon, oranges, papayas, apples, mango ......
I also drank a lot of water because weather too hot .....and finally i ACHIEVED IT!

Stage 5 - Maintenance
Characteristics: Tries to sustain and resist temptation to relapse
Explanation:this stage very hard to achieve because need to maintain weekly and daily. Sometime, i will relapse and propel back into previous stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment